It’s been almost three months since we last had a bank holiday. ‘How unfair!’ we hear you cry. Thankfully, a four-day whopper is on its way for us all to enjoy.
It’s a great excuse to have a long weekend away, and we think London is the best place to be, of course! There’s lots on to tickle your fancy. Here are some ideas for how to fill your weekend with Easter-y and not-so-Easter-y things:
- Sunday 31st March – The Oxford V Cambridge Goat Race at Spittalfields City Farm. Forget the boat race, this goat race which sees two goats, named Oxford and Cambridge, race around the fun and is now nearly as popular as the traditional boat race.
- If you’d rather go with the traditional boat, head to the river early and find yourself a good spot for the kick-off of the famed Boat Race at 4.30pm, Sunday 31st March.
- Free live theatre at Trafalgar Square on Easter Sunday, which will see the return of the open-air performance of ‘The Passion of Jesus’ by Wintershall Players.
- Get involved with The Big Egg Hunt by Lindt – can you find one? If you want one for yourself, bid in the online auction which will raise crucial funds for Action for Children.
- If the weather’s looking good (and we’ve got our fingers firmly crossed), go for a stroll and check out the beautiful Garden Museum.
- If the weather’s not looking so good, come and get cosy with tea and cake at Flemings! Check out our afternoon tea selection.
If you’re looking to stay in a London hotel and hoping for a bank holiday weekend offer, give our reservations team a call on 0207 499 0000 or email email@example.com. They’ll be very happy to help.